Sunday, June 25, 2006

Never seen women do that...

Last night I hit the Lark Tavern, around the corner from my building, for a "because it's Saturday" drink. I ended up stumbling on a burlesque performance by a local touring troupe. They danced, sang, and wore sparkly underwear. I think it says a lot about who I know and who's doing this type of performance that when I walked in I assumed I was watching a drag show. In any case, it was a lot of fun, and if you're in the "capital region," which I suppose is a reasonable name for the area around Albany, check it out.

http://www.heliconpictures.com/LipstickLovelies.htm

The other thing that was interesting about watching this is that the performers all looked like amateurs - not in a bad sense, but in the sense of they're accountants or something during the day. Probably. Anyway, the women I'm used to seeing are either dancers, professional or hoping to be, or electricians and carpenters. This group were considerably less muscular. There's something more exposed about a normal body than an athletic body, even with the same amount of flesh on display.

No comments: