Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Cyber-counter-intelligence

When I started this blog, I promised myself that I was going to be completely selfish about it. No counting hits. No writing posts in response to other people. Just talking about myself and you can take it or leave it.

I also told myself I'd never put a speedometer on my bike.

So there's a hit counter in the corner. My little bow to being competitive. As of right now, 314 hits since May. It's not pageloads, which is a little higher number. And it's 314 more hits than some people. Maybe. But what's fun about the hit counter is that it records certain information about each hit. I didn't realize I'd get that functionality as well, especially free, or I'd have started using a hit counter a long time ago. Recently, the hit counter folks even added a map, which is really fun. Now I know that I'm getting a little international business as well.

So mostly, for you other bloggers that are reading this, I guess I'm plugging StatCounter, the hit counter I use. It's fun and easy.

No comments: