Tuesday, August 14, 2007

My time is valuable... My lunch is priceless.

Those who have been following my cell phone travails already know that I was supposed to be able to walk into a Verizon store today and get a heavily discounted PN-820. Not only did I fail to get a phone, I wasted most of my lunch hour on the effort. It was one thing when I was just spending an hour at a time on the phone with the retards at customer service. (I don't think they're retards, I think it's that the system doesn't allow them to make decisions or use their judgment or initiative.) So when I got back, I asked my coworkers about their cellular providers. AT&T was popular as being good service, both cellular and customer, so they're my front-runner right now.

I just got off the phone with customer service. I failed to get back in touch with last night's representative, even with her name and extension number. No big surprise there, I suppose. Anyway, the latest representative reordered the phone for me. My credit card's showing a hold of the appropriate amount for this order, so hopefully it went through. I'll be checking my statement again soon, of course, but hopefully this means that when I come home next week from a couple days out of town, there will be a new phone waiting for me.

No comments: