Tuesday, May 15, 2012

It's Been Seven Months

And I'm actually doing less than week 1 of the Couch to 5k.  I'm not sure if that's why I lost momentum with blogging; actually I think it had more to do with math being hard.  I had a class with long reports and a class with a lot of math.

Winter had hard classes too.  The hardest math class I've ever taken, covering partial differential equations, a class with computer programming and reports, and another class with reports.

Which brings me to now.  Since I mentioned running...  I left a note in my calendar to tell me to buy new running shoes if I was still running in April - running shoes don't last forever, and I guesstimated that I'd be about due to start alternating, or I'd have given up entirely.  Instead, I was still plugging away at run/walk intervals.  So I've started seeing a physical therapist and doing all kinds of goofy exercises that are supposed to improve (and already have, I think) the stability in my ankles.  He told me today that I could start increasing my volume some, and I'm probably near the end of the protocol.

The most important thing in my life, though, is I'M ENGAGED!
http://marathoncontraspie.blogspot.com/

I haven't gotten save-the-date cards out yet, and I don't think I've invited everyone I want to via Facebook.  So if you haven't been invited, it doesn't mean you haven't been invited, it means I'm a bit scattered.

I was admitted to UW as a real graduate student not too long after my last blog entry.  That meant writing a real study plan, and finding out when I'll finish my degree.  March 2013, unless something happens to change that.  After that...  I might move, and drag Adella with me.  Or, more preferably, I may catch up with her in Bellingham.  Since I want us to be together, I want us to get married, and I want my friends and family to be able to come, Adella and I realized we were just about out of lead time, and I figured I'd better propose before I lost my chance to do it and we were already planning the wedding.  So I did.  In the dining room, in the morning.  On April 1st, no less, but as Adella can attest, I don't necessarily know what I'm doing yet in the morning, so I didn't realize that it was perhaps an odd date for a proposal.  Regardless, today's not April 1st, and neither of us have backed out.  It's on.

Also: need a job for the summer.

No promises not to wait seven months to do this again.  But I don't think that effects whether or not my friends and family read it, and let's be real about who actually follows me.

6 comments:

Becca said...

Hey, congrats! Whereabouts are you thinking of having the wedding?

Andrew Wright said...

Bellingham. I think I actually already invited you via Facebook. :p It's in a ballroom where Adella learned to dance.

Becca said...

I'm not seeing it, but I'm not the most adept Facebook user. When's the date?

Andrew Wright said...

April 6th, 2013.

Becca said...

I shall save the date then.

Adella Thompson said...

Oh it is so on, Mr. (W)right xoxoxo